So long story short, Hay House had their annual sale and I had just gotten paid. I had seen this deck on a few YouTube videos and was intrigued by the art, and so here we are!
Now the art in this deck is really amazing, and I like that there are a few keywords around the cards to help newer readers read. I think this would be a great deck for someone who’s been reading for a year or two and who wants to expand their collection to some different art styles. I also like that the borders are an off-white instead of bright white. I really can’t stand white borders, and that one little tweak makes me really happy. The colors are also really happy and beautiful. There’s a lot to recommend this deck.
However, I can say that this thick cardstock is a real bitch to shuffle if you have small or arthritic hands. They may soften up over time, but I don’t know how much that will help. This deck is thicc in a not-sexy way.
I have done one reading with it, and it was really expressive and spoke directly to my situation. I feel like it’s a really chatty deck that wants to talk to me. I think that, despite the shuffling difficulties, I’ll be using this quite a bit.
Let’s take a look at what the cards have to say for themselves!
- Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? The Wheel of Fortune. This deck is going to be really good at fortune-telling. It’s going to help me see the positives and negatives of a situation with clarity, and see how both are related.
- What are your strengths as a deck? Knight of Cups reversed. It’s not emo AT ALL. It’s very upbeat and cheery, and will bring that energy to readings.
- What are your limits as a deck? Three of Wands. It’s not very far-seeing as far as the fortune-telling goes. It’s going to be more about the immediate future than the far future. It’s not a deck for goal-setting and life-planning, but more of a tool for seeing the near future.
- What are you here to teach me? King of Pentacles reversed. To let go of my seriousness. To stop overworking and worrying about money and things that are probably outside of my control anyways.
- How can I best learn and collaborate with you? Queen of Pentacles reversed. Again, stop being so serious. Stop trying to control things, and stop worrying about being grounded and stable, but let myself relax and have some fun for a change.
- What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Eight of Pentacles reversed. This deck may help me stop putting so much effort into things that don’t pay off. It will help me take life less seriously and lighten me up a little.
So this seems like EXACTLY the deck I need with my life circumstances right now. In fact, this may end up going into my bag as an every day carry because it will help me remember the OTHER side of life- the fun side.
Have you used this deck before? What has your experience been like? Does this interview ring true from what you’ve seen so far?
Blessed be! <3