I lost my job at the end of March, and so I’ve had a lot of time to watch YouTube lately. One of my favorite types of videos to watch is deck reviews, and that’s where I happened upon this deck from Light Grey Art Lab. I’m not sure whose review it was that intrigued me so much, but it did, and here I am with this lovely new deck.
The things I really like about this deck are that every card is painted by a different artist, it’s a tarot and oracle deck in one (or you could separate them, but where’s the fun in that?), and it has gilding not only on the edges, but on the fronts of the cards as well. It’s a truly beautiful deck. Granted, since each card is painted by a different artist, there are some hits and misses. But overall, the deck is stunning.
The cardstock is nice, and it’s easy to shuffle (even with my arthritic hands). And the cards are glossy. It may not be the most easily photographable deck, but it would be really nice for in person client readings or for personal use. The cards just want to be picked up and held.
- Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? 10 of Water. This is the happily-ever-after deck. It takes a long view into the future and tells you how to get there.
- What are your strengths as a deck? The Hermit. This deck will help you to really go within and find your own strength. It’s not a deck for finding out about external powers, but more for finding the powers within that will help you through transformations.
- What are your limits as a deck? Temperance. This deck isn’t very balanced as far as internal and external work. It’s mostly about self-awareness and your emotions, not how you interact with others.
- What are you here to teach me? Death. It can be hard to let go of things, even when they no longer serve us. But you have to let go of the old to make way for the new. This deck will help with that.
- How best can I learn and collaborate with you? 3 of Earth reversed. Let go of everything that I think I know about tarot, and just let the cards tell me what they want me to know. My studies have taken me this far, now it’s time to let intuition take over.
- What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Black Hole (an oracle card). A drain of resources. If I’m not careful, I could get sucked too deeply into this deck and could lose myself in it. Best to visit it now and then, but not to get too involved in it, as it could take me deep into a wormhole that wouldn’t be necessarily beneficial to myself.
So it seems like this is a really good deck for deep self-awareness. So I’m not sure if this would be a good deck for client readings or not. I’m going to try it in a video and see if it helps at all.
Speaking of, I’m going to start doing YouTube videos again, this time about tarot. I’m going to do a 3 card spread for each new and full moon, and will pull a single card for each sign. I’m just waiting until I can get a new phone to record the videos, and that should be happening shortly. I’ll have links here, on Facebook, Insta, wherever I am!