Husbear outdid himself for Valentine’s Day. Granted, I showed him exactly what I wanted, and even sent him the website, but he took the plunge and pressed the order button. That’s what’s important!
I’ve really been trying to curb my tarot/oracle spending for the past few years. The truth is that I have so many decks, I could choose a card from a different tarot deck every day of the month and still have some decks that I don’t get to. That just feels like too many to me. I have so many I never use that they just sit and languish on my tarot and oracle shelves.
However, when I first saw this deck, I was overcome with the desire to use it. The art is so stunning in pictures online, but believe me when I say it’s even prettier in person. The art is inspired by Swedish faerie tales, and it evokes such beauty and gracefulness. The cardstock is yummy and slippery, and the box is perfect. This is a truly lush, inspiring deck. My only complaint is that the cards are too big for my small, arthritic hands, but that’s pretty typical. If this deck ever comes out in a mini size, it will easily become my most-used deck.
Let’s take a look at the deck interview, shall we?
- Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? Ace of Earth reversed. This isn’t a practical deck, and it’s not here to deal with practical matters. This deck is more whimsical and imaginative, and will help more with creative solutions to problems, rather than the tried-and-true.
- What are your strengths as a deck? Ten of Water reversed. This deck will point out when someone has illlusions about their ‘perfect life’. There is no ‘perfect life’, and faerie tales are filled with problems and challenges that must be overcome to grow.
- What are your limits as a deck? Seven of Air. It may not be the best at identifying when people are being sneaky or duplicitous with the querant. It’s more likely to deal in what you can see and hear rather than what you aren’t able to perceive.
- What are you here to teach me? Queen of Earth. How to live a full, creative, productive life filled with people and things that you care about. How to be abundant in love and family.
- How can I best learn and collaborate with you? Four of Water. I should bring this deck out when I feel bored or stagnant. I can use it to get out of a rut when I just need something to jog my life and restart my creativity.
- What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Page of Water. Creativity, romance, deep emotional receptivity and joie de vivre!
I’m really looking forward to working with this deck more!