I received this deck several weeks ago, and haven’t had a chance to spend time with it until today. I’ve been carrying it around, shuffling it, admiring the beautiful art, but hadn’t committed the time to actually use it in a reading. Today, however, I’m taking my second day of Yule to work with it and see what I can learn.
I bought this deck thinking that it would be a good deck for Winter. The art is beautiful, but it’s also stark and uncompromising. I tend to have some SAD issues in the winter, and that suits my mood. So I thought this would be the deck that confronts you with the harsh realities, and doesn’t pull any punches.
That’s not at all the energy that I got from this reading however. I felt more like this deck brings hope. It does feel like it will be a personal deck for me, one that I don’t use to read for others, and I really get the sense that this deck is going to help me in this new cycle that I’m starting over the Winter tide. It seems very encouraging, very spiritually-focused, and very healing. I need that.
The reading starts with the top center card, and then goes clockwise around the circle.
- Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? Helping me see through self-delusion, confusion, day-dreaming, choosing illusion over reality, unhealthy temptation, helping me when I’m not sure which way to turn.
- What are your strengths as a deck? A new beginning, fresh energy, courage, self-esteem, a fresh start in a new direction, growth, a journey.
- What are your limits as a deck? This is not a good deck to consult about financial matters and it won’t be a deck I can use to give professional readings to earn money with. It will work better on an emotional/mental/spiritual level.
- What are you here to teach me? Slow down and take care, focus on how you can be productive and stop trying to do everything while accomplishing nothing.
- How can I best learn and collaborate with you? Reversing my bad luck, finding new work, getting involved with a community, finding my compassion through the lessons of my own loss, courage and hope.
- What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Improvement in health, letting go of loss, light at the end of the tunnel. New horizons, positive cycle, being released from a long and difficult struggle.