My sister knows me so well. She has a way of knowing exactly what deck I need at what time. And like The Shaman’s Dream Oracle, this one came at the right time. I definitely need some alchemy in my life, and this should help me get there.
Kim Krans is another deck creator that I love to collect. Her art is beautiful and evocative, if somewhat dark at times. The Wild Unknown Tarot is that deck for me that always tells the harsh truth, whether I’m receptive to it or not. And all of her decks work so beautifully together that I love to use them in combined spreads.
The card stock she uses is complete perfection, and I would love shuffling these if they weren’t so big. I have some trouble with that, and overhand shuffling seems to be the only way I can manage these. They’re hexagonally shaped which adds to the difficulty. But the images are gorgeous and meaningful, and this is another not-so-run-of-the-mill oracle deck. I love it!
The meanings are a bit difficult to parse and place in the context of daily life, which is why I think I’ll use this deck in conjunction with one of her other decks. But I think it will be difficult work worth doing.
Let’s see what the cards want to say to me!
- Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? Xanthosis/Yellowing. Yellowing is about transition as teacher. It can be healing, aging, or growth, but often times things transform through the color yellow. So this is a deck about transformation.
- What are your strengths as a deck? Lux Brumalis/Winter. Seeing the magick/the divine under the snowy, frozen surface. The as-yet unrealized potential for activity and growth.
- What are your limits as a deck? Iosis/Reddening. Full expression of the work- health, vitality, completion. This is a deck for things in flux and transition, not things at their climax.
- What are you here to teach me? Aestis/Summer. Fullness of expression, things are ‘fleshed out’, but not yet at their height. Celebration, gathering, connecting. Ripening.
- How can I best learn and collaborate with you? Argentum Vivum/Quicksilver. Standing at the doorway between the worlds. This may be a tool to use while doing some shamanic journeying, which is one of my intended goals for 2023 anyways. Maybe I can take these images on journeys with me to learn from them.
- What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Aeris/Copper. Love, sensual pleasure, fertility. So there’s a physicality to this deck, perhaps it would be helpful in spreads about health too?
All in all, I have to say that I’m intrigued. I love the concepts that the deck covers, and I’m looking forward to exploring more. But like I said, I think the strength of this deck is in using it with other decks, most especially other Kim Krans decks. It will help to round out the picture painted by the other decks really nicely.
Have you had any experience with this deck? What do you think about it? Let me know in the comments below.
Blessed be! <3