This deck has been on my wish list since I first saw it. How can you not love it? The cards are round, beautiful, evocative, and all based on lunar cycles and astrology. I also love that there’s a convention for working with the cards upright, reversed (seen as a blockage in that energy), or on their sides (which is called a turning point). Even gazing at the backs of these cards feels transformative.
I thought it was out of my price range, but my mom brought them back for me from a recent trip to Salem. I was overjoyed!
As to the physical details, the cards are a great size for shuffling. They’re not too huge for my hands which is MUCH APPRECIATED. They’re big enough to shuffle well, though, and I really appreciate that. The box, book, and the backs of the cards have beautiful silver foil details that make the cards pop, which is nice for a deck that wasn’t very cheap. Really, they just feel like premium cards, and I’m so excited to see how they wear with use. I may edge the edges with black, which I do with most of my black cards. It just helps them look a little more tied together.
- Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? Waxing Gibbous- Dream- This deck will help me connect to the deeper part of my subconscious usually only seen in dreams. It can also be a call to start working with dreams, and looking for symbols in the cards and in every day life. I feel like this deck will be about awakening a new level of connection and spirituality.
- What are your strengths as a deck? Taurus- The Lover- It’s very sensual. It will remind me to balance out the mental with the physical and the pleasurable. I’m hoping it will help distract me from the pain that sets in around this time of year and lasts until the warm weather comes back.
- What are your limits as a deck? Waxing Gibbous- Courage- It can’t put me on the right path or show me the right actions. That has to come from me. I need to put forth the effort in the physical world while the deck will help me to work with my subconscious.
- What are you here to teach me? Seed Moon- New Growth (reversed) This deck will help me look at my deeper intentions, and help me sort out my motivation. It will help me get over my fear of the unknown and my fear of change.
- How can I best learn and collaborate with you? Crone Moon (turning point)- Connect with my inner crone and don’t be afraid to go within to seek wisdom. Do my shadow work and allow room for the alchemy of transformation.
- What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Waxing Crescent- Expansion (turning point)- Create a plan for my future. Let my focus widen so that the vision I create brings me freedom. Let go of my tunnel vision and take one step at a time that may turn into something much larger.
I’m gobsmacked. As if I didn’t love this deck enough, this is EXACTLY WHAT I NEED RIGHT NOW. I’m going through a lot of changes and I’m trying to be brave in the face of scary transformation. I really connect to the Crone Moon card, as I’ve been wondering if it’s time to transition into my crone aspect. I’ve also been going within lately (which is natural for me at this time of year), and it sounds like this may end up being a bedside deck that I consult before sleep for dreaming inspiration.
I’m so excited to work with this deck more! <3