I went back and forth over whether to buy this deck. I’ve been in a collection frenzy, and I wasn’t sure if I really NEEDED this one. However, our tax return came in, and the rest is history.
Boy, am I glad I got this one. It’s a stunner. And it looks lovely paired with my Forhaxa tarot. I really love it! There’s a bee on almost every card, and the goat card is just amazing. The card stock is a little glossy, which I don’t necessarily love, but still, it’s just a beautiful deck. I especially love that they didn’t keep with the ‘thy’ overuse that permeated the Yule deck. I really hope they keep coming out with these sabbat decks so that I can collect them all!
So let’s get on with the interview, shall we?
- Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? Fae. This is definitely a fae deck. Whimsical and light, it channels the energies of the otherworld. But as the card says ‘Not everything is as it may seem. Be cautious, dear one, for there is a story beneath the tale.’
- What are your strengths as a deck? Chant. The card says ‘Hear me loud, hear me roar, for I am here in my truth.’ So this will be a very clear, very direct deck. I love that!
- What are your limits as a deck? Orgasm. This is a tough one to decipher. So there won’t be any blinding epiphanies coming from this deck? Or it won’t read well for love and passion spreads? I’ll have to ponder this one some more.
- What are you here to teach me? Vision. ‘To find enlightenment seek nowhere, for it lives within you.’ So this will teach me to trust my inner intuition rather than looking for the meanings in some dusty old tome. This makes sense for me as I rarely use the books that come with oracle decks, I usually just read them intuitively.
- How can I best learn and collaborate with you? The Lovers. See this deck as a partner, as someone that I can share my deepest intimacies with. (Which contradicts the Orgasm card above.) Don’t be afraid to be open and vulnerable with this deck.
- What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Surrender. ‘There’s nothing more blissful than the act of letting go, of setting yourself free of all that doesn’t serve you.’ So this deck will help me pare down all the bullshit, allowing me to see the simplest, clearest truths.
I can’t wait to work with it more! I did do a draw on the last full moon, and got ‘Chant’, which has been on my altar for 2 weeks. I just shuffled it back in for this reading. I’ll be drawing another card to stay there until the new new moon. 🙂
Have you worked with this deck yet? What are your experiences?
Blessed be! <3