This is the second deck that my sister gifted me as an early Yule prezzy. I love it, and I’ve been using it a bit differently from my other oracle decks. I haven’t used it in a reading yet, but I’ve been using it to draw a new card every month to choose the deity that I will be studying for the month. Look for that as part of my Magickal Months posts.
(Incidentally, my Goddess for October was Skuld, and I’ve been studying her throughout the month.)
This is another gorgeous Colette Baron Reid deck, and the art is by Jena DellaGrottaglia. Her style is so beautiful, complex, and nebulous, and I really love how the images invoke a mysticism in the cards. The card stock is good and solid, but as per usual, the cards are huge and tough on my arthritic hands. It would be amazing if more tarot and oracle makers created smaller decks with us creaky old folks in mind.
Let’s get to that interview!
- Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? Elen (Patterns) This deck will help me see patterns in my life and the lives of my querants that must either be overcome or utilized to create deeper self-awareness. This deck will also help show when those patterns need to be shaken up to get us out of our ruts!
- What are your strengths as a deck? Oshun (Generosity) This deck will show us the bounty of the world around us and how many options we have in our lives. It will create space for us and our feelings and show us how to turn things around with compassion and kindness.
- What are your limits as a deck? Arianrhod (Time) This isn’t a deck that will show us time frames for things- something that I’m asked a lot as a reader. It’s more about the internal changes we need to make, and not the external events that happen to us x weeks, months, or years from now.
- What are you here to teach me? Spider Woman (Co-creator) She’s here to help me learn to create my own reality. She’s not here to just gift me the answers, but to help me find the answers for myself and make the necessary changes to steer me on my path.
- How can I best learn from and collaborate with you? Mnemosyne (The Past) Look to my past to find those patterns mentioned above, and bring forth my experiences to help me see where I need to make changes.
- What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Maya (Illusion) I can see through the ways that I lie to myself, seeing only what I want to see. I can help clients see clearly and stop living in denial.
So this is a really interesting reading, and this deck has a lot going for it in terms of self-exploration and awareness. This seems to be more about doing internal work and looking deeply at our lives and our patterns, and not our interactions with others or anything involving the outside world.
I can’t wait to use it more, and I can’t wait to use it for others. I think I may draw cards from this deck if I start streaming live. This will be a way for me to offer help to people for free outside of my regular paid tarot services.
If you’ve used this deck, let me know what you think! Does it read similarly for you, or does it take on another role in your readings? Let me know in the comments below.
Blessed be! <3