I was so hesitant to buy this deck, though I had seen the artwork and loved it. But I read that the cards were big and difficult to shuffle. With my arthritic hands, that’s a concern, so I put it off. But a few days ago, I found out that there was a pocket edition, and I happened to have some Amazon credit waiting in my account. Hence, the Dreams of Gaia Pocket Edition found it’s way into my collection.
The artwork is even prettier in person. And the cardstock is matte, so I love that. But what I didn’t realize is that this is an entirely new system as far as the Major Arcana goes. So I wish I had the big book that comes with the regular sized deck, but I’ll have to muddle through with the tiny book instead. It will be worth it. I think this will become a deck that I read with a lot.
Let’s take a look at the interview! (I’ll be reading from the book for this one, since the system is so different from what I’m used to.)
- Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? 7 of Fire. Divination, heeding intuition, personal interpretation is critical. (So maybe I shouldn’t look at the book? I should read this one purely intuitively, like an oracle deck?)
- What are your strengths as a deck? 9 of Fire, reversed. This won’t be an easy deck, it’s going to take some work to learn. But it will also help me be a stronger reader, and will help me read more actively.
- What are your limits as a deck? 11 of Air. “You are only limited by your mind.” So any limits here are self-imposed. If I see limitless potential, I will attain limitlessness.
- What are you here to teach me? 2 of Water reversed. To not use my emotions so much in readings, but to connect to my higher mind.
- How can I best learn and collaborate with you? 2 of Earth reversed. Don’t be closed-minded to compromise. Don’t be over confident, but don’t be too realistic either. This is not a deck of pragmatism, but of reaching the upper worlds of spirituality. Dream a little, and let myself go with this deck.
- What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? 4 of Fire. “Concentration, focused energy, increased skill”, and “Establish a creative process.” So this will help me to broaden my mind and keep me on track, especially with creative endeavors. (I can see how this would be a really good storytelling deck, as each card has a ‘character’ on it.)
So this is going to be a fun deck to work with. Very spiritual, and very much concerned with the higher planes. I tend to have an earthy/watery reading style where I look at things practically or emotionally, but this is more of a mental/spiritual deck. I can’t wait to give someone a reading with this one!
Do you have this deck? If so, what do you think of it?
Blessed be! <3