My sister loves me A LOT. When I was stressed and freaking out over DragonCon and how to get my tarot presentation done for the Paranormal Track, she noticed that Hay House was having its annual 50% off sale on cards. As it was right before DragonCon, I had $0 to get cards, and I was resigned to that, even though Collette Baron Reid has a few new decks out that I was drying to try. So my sister offered to buy me early Yule prezzies, and she did!
This deck was one of those prezzies, and I freakin’ LOVE it. As a stone enthusiast and collector, this deck just sings to me. I really love the art and how the stones and crystals are celebrated with the art. The cards are huge and the deck is thick, which my arthritic hands don’t enjoy, but this is definitely a deck that will hold up for years to come. It might benefit from going over the edges with a Sharpie, but I want to hold off before I decide to do that. Also, the aqua coloring of the back of the deck is so serene and lovely. <3
I wasn’t sure how well this deck would communicate in an interview since the stone meanings are a bit more general than a tarot deck, but it seemed to really work! Read on and see if you don’t agree with me.
- Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? Morganite- sensitivity, gentleness, empathy, compassion, the gift of vulnerability, self-forgiveness. So this is definitely a self-care deck, one that I’ll pull from when I’m feeling raw and unguarded.
- What are your strengths as a deck? Emerald- giving and receiving love, opening your heart to friendship, embracing unity. So again, this is a very loving deck, and will probably be really good in exploring how to heal, build, or find loving relationships or friendships.
- What are your limits as a deck? Diamond- time and pressure combined, beauty and strength arising from trials and challenges, the right use of power. This isn’t a deck about the hard times in life. If I or a client are going through serious transition, and need hard-core advice, this isn’t my deck.
- What are you here to teach me? Selenite- liquid light, fluidity, flexibility, illumination and clarity, raising your vibration. I could stand to live in the realm of positivity and faith a little more, and I feel like drawing from this deck occasionally will elevate my spirituality. Sweet!
- How can I best learn from and collaborate with you? Dalmation Stone- playfulness, childlike joy and enthusiasm for life, absurdity, laughter, humor. Take everything lightly, and have fun when I draw from this deck. Let it infuse me with the spirit of openness and the gentleness of the morganite above.
- What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Spirit Quartz- Connecting to community, universal love, harmony and cooperation. This may be a really good deck to use with others. Perhaps this would be a good deck to use in live streams where I can draw a card for people who join me. This deck may help me make some more like-minded friends.
So I’m really excited to use this deck now. I can’t wait to play with it more, and I’m definitely looking forward to building more community.
Do you have this deck? If so, does it read the same for you? Let me know in the comments, and blessed be! <3