Lately I’ve been feeling some pain. I’m not sure exactly what it is, and I don’t have insurance so finding out will be tough. I need to get to one of the community clinics here near home, but there are so many hoops to jump through, that the idea just stresses me out.
And I know that stress is part of my problem. The more stressed I am, the more I hurt. So for now, I’m trying to come up with ways to do some self-healing, keeping in mind that I WILL actually get to a doctor at some point.
It’s affecting my life more and more, and it needs to go away.
I did a week-long smoothie fast the week before Ostara as a general cleansing/life reset. It was lovely, and it actually DID help me feel better. I had some energy problems (I was trying to wean myself off of Coke Zero too, and the headaches were HORRIBLE), and I got pretty sick of smoothies. But I actually felt lighter, healthier, and just better. I want more of that.
During that time, we went to a friend’s house, and she’s on a mostly raw food diet right now. We sampled some of her snacks and WOW. I could do that. Not all the time, but now and again. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised.
I’ve also been reconnecting with my spirituality, getting interested in crystal grids, and talking to other pagans. It’s been lovely.
Here’s my partial list of ways to be nicer to myself.
- Meditate more.
- Leave Fetlife, and spend that time/energy on writing, spirituality, my family, something that feeds me rather than drains me.
- Organize myself, including putting together a day planner.
- Get my YouTube channel going. I really feel the call to express myself this way now.
- Set up a crystal grid for creativity, and one for abundance.
- Finish Altar of Change (I’m close).
- Read more.
- Try to do vegetarian at least one day/week.
- Smoothies for breakfast MOST mornings.
- Finish the kyphi, and maybe a few other incenses to sell.
- Sleep enough.
- Start hiking.
This list will grow as I come up with other things.
I also have a new Pinterest that I’m playing on. You can find it at http://pinterest.com/amieravenson/. It’s really just a way for me to gather some thoughts, and there may be some character sketches there. There’s definitely a lot of lovely Pagan imagery. 🙂