We celebrated Beltane a little late this year. I needed a combination of time and money to come together, and that didn’t come together until Tuesday the 3rd. As that also happens to be Billy Ocean day, we were doubly festive.
We’ve been eating mostly vegan, all vegetarian for a while now. I love eating vegan. My energy is so much higher. And while I still have fibro pain, it really just makes me feel healthier and happier overall. I <3 veggies in a very real and meaningful way, and this feels like it’s how I’m supposed to eat. I also enjoy the creativity of trying to find non-dairy, non-egg solutions to food needs.
I’ve been at my mom’s house for the past few days, watching her dog, and when I go home, I think I’m going to go through the pantry and get rid of crummy processed food. Boy, won’t husbear be surprised! (If I don’t post for a while, send help..)
So, for Beltane, we had:
- Mock tuna salad (made with smashed chickpeas, normal tuna salad fixings, curry powder, and vegan mayonnaise that I made myself) served in romaine leaves
- Broccoli salad (broccoli, red onion, craisins, Bacos, more vegan mayo, and grape tomatoes)
- Quinoa salad (with asparagus, roasted red peppers, red onion, black olives, tarragon, rice wine vineagar, and olive oil)
- Fried herbed seitan with barbecue sauce
- Orange cake with whipped coconut cream and strawberries for dessert
It all turned out really good, except the vegan mayo separated a bit in the broccoli salad. I will probably try a different mayo recipe next time. Though it tasted spot-on, it was just too thin for what I used it for.
RT @AmieRavenson: Vegan Beltane menu: We celebrated Beltane a little late this year. #Beltane #VeganPagan https://t.co/Yook15HbX8
David Jones liked this on Facebook.
Josef Kienle liked this on Facebook.
I made some spicy southern style green beans for Beltane. ..Onion bacon and pepper , not completely vegan but OMG…yummy
That sounds good! I love green beans. 🙂
I’ll share the recipe I posted before the Sabbat
Mike Prentiss liked this on Facebook.
Joseph Duvall liked this on Facebook.
Sam Squires liked this on Facebook.
Comments are closed.